Title Marketing Manager (Interim)
Location New York, NY
Reports to Head of Marketing
About The Paley Center for Media
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, international collection, and close relationships with the media community leaders, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive – including special African-American, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, Women’s, and Music collections – and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, innovations, personalities, and leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
The Marketing Manager will be an integral part of the Marketing team at the Paley Center for Media, helping to build and manage the department’s planning and execution to promote and highlight the Paley brand, events, and programs. In addition, the Marketing Manager will report and directly support the Head of Marketing and assist with all marketing, partnership, and digital campaigns. Incumbents must work in the office Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday each week, remotely on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Assist in developing and managing marketing and membership marketing strategies and tactics to get the word out about Paley driving qualified traffic to our front door, attending events, and becoming members
- Deploy successful marketing and membership marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay-per-click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies, and vendors
- Acting as a key contact with all 3rd party media partners
- Preparing recap and end of year presentations and presenting for partner meetings
- Negotiate with media partners to guarantee advantageous contracts
- Work on Partner agreement contracts with internal legal team
- Supporting new partnership prospecting efforts
- Monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely.
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from web pages, advertising, social posts, emails to hard copy brochures and case studies
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight, and assess against goals
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust campaign strategies, and social, email, and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions, and other marketing projects
- Conduct customer research initiatives
- Offer expert advice to develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media, and events
- Work with the Business Development team on membership initiatives
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers, and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management
- Write content to support digital and print marketing efforts, including presentation decks
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to marketing strategies and practices.
- Collaborate with Paley’s internal Communications, Executive, Legal, Programming, and Development teams as well as external marketing agencies and freelancers/contractors to ensure process and messaging alignment across all marketing touchpoints.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Highly organized with a proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative, and managerial skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus, 5+ years of marketing experience, media preferred
- Membership/subscription background favorable
- Experience and proficiency in web/email, social media marketing. Event marketing is a plus
- Must have excellent PowerPoint, proficient in Excel and word
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics, and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Ability to write clear and strong marketing communications
- Strong project management and organizational skills; must be able to prioritize
- Experience with building, maintaining, and executing 3rd party partnerships
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style with motivation and drive to get the job done with little supervision
- Willingness and passion to go the extra mile
- Creative, resourceful, and a quick learner
- Collaborative & transparent ways of working
- Digital fluid / tech-savvy individual, constantly thinking how we can increase productivity and automate ways of working
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.