About The Paley Center for Media
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, renowned programming archive, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive – including special African-American, Hispanic, and LGBT collections – and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, the innovations, the personalities, and the leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
The Senior Manager, Visitor Services, is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Visitor Services department to deliver a phenomenal guest experience in support of all Paley programs, exhibits, PaleyGX, special events, and group tours. In addition to managing the overall operations of Paley’s library and mailroom services. The Senior Manager, Visitor Services is a vital public-facing role in representing the Paley brand by consistently delivering an exciting visitors’ experience that renews with each visit.
This role is a patron and membership-facing opportunity that requires scheduling, particularly Tuesday through Saturday, and flexibility to also work during special events, which may require early morning or evenings.
- Ensure the seamless execution of operational flow during all Paley live programming exhibits, special events, group tours, PaleyGX, and library operations.
- Oversees all aspects of operations for the Visitor Services department, which includes hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, payroll, and onsite management of the Visitor Services team and volunteers
- Supervise and lead a team of Visitor Service Associates, ensuring all guests are treated in a professional and friendly manner.
- Responsible for staff development, including customer service and safety training
- Maintains and updates safety guidelines, alert Vice President, Facilities, and Special Projects regarding incidents
- Manage and coordinate the use of Paley’s ticketing platform (currently TicketWeb) with the implementation, reporting, and generating of reports and customer inquiries
- Oversees the internal, external, and VIP seating request for Paley programs, and special events
- Direct the Front Desk Operations including ticket sales, ticket pick-ups, and cash reconciliations
- Develops procedures and set financial goals for daily visitor donations and group visit intake
- Maintain compliance with all safety and sanitary practice and maintenance, ensuring compliance with operational standards, Federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
- Foster and develop the most positive and friendly service environment for all patrons
- Other duties as assigned
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Highly organized with a proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative, and managerial skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- 7+ years of experience managing a team in a service environment, such as guest service experience in a theater, performing arts center, or other public space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively respond to and interact with large crowds, staff, and clients
- Ability to learn about our Programs quickly and teach to staff
- A problem-solver who can multi-task and is detail-oriented and organized
- Strong work ethic with the ability to provide the highest level of service
- Ability to have flexible hours throughout a schedule including early mornings, nights over a Tuesday through Saturday period
- Highest level proficiency in Word, Excel, and other box office programs such as Ticketweb or Universe
- Extremely comfortable in fast-paced, live events, service-oriented environment
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
- Completed COVID vaccination
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.