The Administrative Assistant is a hybrid role and reports directly to the VP, Facilities & Special Projects, while providing support to the Chief Financial Officer and the VP, Business & Legal Affairs. He/she will be responsible for daily building-related duties and special projects.
This person works closely with two executive assistants to provide the administrative support and backup necessary to support the executive team. This includes administrative responsibilities such as phone coverage, meeting and event calendars, expense reports, and research reports, plus support other departments, as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, results-driven, highly organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Present a professional demeanor and provide the highest level of service while maintaining the utmost level of discretion and confidentiality for internal and external matters, which includes interacting with VIP clients, guests, patrons, and/or employees
- Positively represent executives and the company at all times and follow organizational policies and procedures
- Comprehensive phone coverage with appropriate routing, message taking, and communication of the incoming calls to executives
- Support executives in preparation for meetings and conference calls as requested – to include meeting materials and other information as needed
- Assist with Paley Center programs, Board meetings, and other events
- Arrange travel for executives and guests
- Complete monthly expense reports
- Research, compile information, and generate reports
- Handle special projects and other administrative functions as assigned
- Enter vendor invoices into the operation’s expense tracker to compare actual expense against budget
- Coordinate information with maintenance and engineering regarding building operations
- Assist in projects as assigned
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative, and managerial skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks proficiently with very strong attention to detail and follow up
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- An independent thinker
- A high energy team player who is proactive with great initiative
- Ability to perform thorough research to compile information and generate reports
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Angus system, a plus
- Interest in Facilities Management/Building Operations, a plus
- Fluent in Spanish, a plus
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime
- Willing and able to work in person at the office location as needed.