With minimum direction, the Executive Administrative Assistant (Temporary) handles all administrative duties for the Chief Programming Officer & EVP and lends support as needed to other assistants.
- Works on various administrative tasks and projects including drafting correspondence, memos, reports, and presentations; copyediting and proofing documents
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, anticipating changes and preparing meeting materials, charts, and other documents, as needed
- Answers and screens telephone calls and greets visitors, with a high-level touch and professionalism, tactfully handling inquiries and referring to appropriate party, as needed
- Acts as liaison between the Chief Programming Officer & EVP and her direct reports, as well as internal and external contacts
- Disseminates information throughout the building for upcoming Programs
- Coordinates all paperwork necessary for approval, such as attendance sheets, travel, and expense reports, following up with department members as needed
- Updates weekly documents, including agendas, status documents, Programs & Events documents and charts, databases, etc.
- Assists with special projects or other duties as assigned
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative, and managerial skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- At least one year of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional demeanor, polished with the ability to keep information confidential.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities with the ability to pivot quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An independent thinker who is very detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- A team player who is proactive with great initiative.
- Ability to perform thorough research, compile information, and generate reports.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and able to learn other programs quickly.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; excited about the future of media.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime (nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed).
- Willingness to work in person at the office location as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.