Reporting to the Director of IT, this position is responsible for providing technical support to end-users on various software products, services, and issues. Proactively troubleshoot and communicate with staff users via remote access, telephone calls, in-person interactions, and email requests. The mid-level technician also monitors and performs preventative maintenance on workstations, servers, and network equipment.
This team member will also participate in other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, results-driven, extremely organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitor and provide report alerts for network devices such as desktops, servers, routers, switches, and domain controllers.
- Provide level II/III support for software, hardware, and networking-related support calls and assist with hardware and software testing and implementation.
- Monitor backup and restores with CA Arcserve and QStar Backup Software.
- Provide remote support for Paley Staff and Library computers using Remote Desktop Connection, Dameware, Jump Desktop, TeamViewer, and GoToMyPC.
- Configure, support, and upgrade all NY office software and hardware, including desktops, servers, Macs, printers, iOS, and Android devices.
- Create, configure, and manage user's mailboxes in MS Exchange 2013, Office 365, Sharepoint and provide Active Directory support/management for NY and LA offices.
- Monitor spam repository and report false positives using GFI MailEssentials.
- Provide support for desktop and web applications such as Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Frame IO, Teams, Zoom, Adobe Creative Cloud, Airtable.
- Create and maintain IT instruction documents.
- Provide support for on and off-site Paley Center events.
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative, and managerial skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- 5-8 years of experience in level 2 desktop support
- Active Directory account management
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication; verbal, written
- Highly organized, resourceful, creative, and attentive to detail
- Exceptional computer skills, specifically MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Office 365, Teams, Zoom.
- A+ Plus, Network +, MOS Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.