Assist the Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs and/or the Project Director, Archive (an in-house attorney) in day-to-day activities and long-term projects critical to the functioning of the non-profit media archive. Interns will gain experience with contract interpretation, intellectual property, transactional work, and state/local law.
- Works closely with the archive management team, business and legal affairs team, content licensing department, clearance services department, and occasionally outside counsel;
- Assists in the analysis of donor agreements to evaluate and document IP and other rights;
- Assists in the development of rights tracking and content management systems
- Enters relevant legal information into the Paley content database
- Researches legal issues pertinent to non-profits and media entities; and
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Completed first year of law degree (must be 2L or 3L)
- Experience or demonstrated interest in media and entertainment
- Experience or demonstrated interest in contract, IP or digital rights law
- Organization; Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, while maintaining attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills
- Eligible for credit/grant