The Director, Memberships, Industry Programs recruits, sells and manages Paley Media Council memberships in New York and Los Angeles and Paley International Council Memberships. This position is the primary liaison for all industry program members, responsible for audience development and industry programs, and serves as the internal point of contact for all events. The Paley Media Council and International Council are a by invitation only membership community for whom the Industry Programs group produces events. This position prospects and recruits qualified new members for our membership community to meet budgets.
The Director will also contribute to the operational planning, coordination and execution of all Paley Industry Programs including but not limited to the Next Big Thing, Paley Dialogues, and Paley International Council Summit.
The successful candidate has a high-energy, is results-driven and a highly organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Create and manage yearly and monthly recruitment and sales strategy to meet annual membership revenue goals for the Media Council in New York and Los Angeles and the International Council
- Identify and engage qualified new member prospects and develop deeper relationships with current members by sending appropriate correspondence, scheduling meet and greets and welcoming members and VIPs when they arrive to programs
- On board new members which includes but is not limited to welcome letters, tax receipts, registration and member portfolios
- Responsible for audience development for “invitation-only” Industry events, which includes research and prospect invites for Media Council events and annual International Council Summit
- Work with Industry VP, Director and Creative Services to develop brochures, marketing materials, invitations, evites, thank you notes with photos, etc
- Work with Social Media team on new strategies to enhance engagement and increase memberships
- Manage database to ensure that all Industry Program members, prospects and event attendee details are entered properly and updated regularly
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to ensure high level execution including, but not limited to, décor, menu, event flow for guests, and all production elements
- Coordinate with PR on approvals for press releases, Media Council event “shot list” member photos, and media invitation list
- Orchestrate all aspects of event production which includes face sheets, name badges, registration, to seat assignment for Media Council Members, Board of Trustees and Board of Governors
- Coordinate and schedule staffing and work with Visitors Services, Security, and Maintenance departments to ensure smooth event execution
- Coordinate with Technical and IT departments regarding all technical, live-stream, recording, audio and other needs
- Assist the VP, Industry Programs by researching and recommending themes and speakers, keeping abreast of current industry trend and players
- Create reports and facilitate lists as it pertains to the Industry Department
- Hire and supervise caterer(s) and other outside vendors
- Obtain appropriate NYC permits (e.g. liquor/special events, etc.) as needed
- Maintain and manage inventory and operational equipment and elements for kitchen and pantries
- Handle any special projects or tasks as assigned
- Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative and managerial skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- Minimum 10 years of experience membership sales with a network of contacts in the media industry (broadcast, cable, music, digital, tech, gaming, media agencies, brands, investors).
- Proven track record to increase memberships and meet goals of $750K+
- Strong understanding of event production and 5+ years of experience executing high profile events of all sizes
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and immediately respond to internal and external key stakeholders in a professional manner
- Highly organized, resourceful, creative, and attentive to detail
- Strong leadership presence with a positive demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly proficient and technically savvy in MS Excel, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact with the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to work flexible hours for early morning and evening events (internally and externally)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.