About The Paley Center for Media
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public. Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive – including special African-American, Hispanic, and LGBTQ collections – and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, innovations, personalities and leaders who are shaping media. Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape. Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
The Human Resources Manager assists with all areas of Human Resources processes including talent acquisition, employee relations, employee engagement, and performance management, and managing company policies and practices. They maintain responsibility for coordinating internship programs, benefits administration, training programs, onboarding processes, and ensuring the proper implementation of activities and initiatives. They will work collaboratively with all members of the organization to support a culture that promotes a high-level of employee satisfaction and engagement. The Manager, Human Resources works in close association with Human Resources and Finance as partners.
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills
- Engages in Talent Acquisition, resume review, conducting interviews and identifying strong candidates for select positions using BambooHR
- Builds and implements employee orientation and onboarding programs in a team-based approach with others from within the organization
- Coordinates and implements annual benefits open enrollment, serves as a subject matter expert on employee benefit plans, and responds to year-round benefits questions
- Manages benefits administration for all benefits programs utilizing ADP Workforce Now and other outside record-keepers as needed
- Ensures that the new hire process is handled efficiently and ensures that files and records of present and former employees are in compliance with all employment laws
- Serves as a resource to staff, answers related to all facets of Human Resources, resolves issues while maintaining employee confidence
- Establishes credibility and builds strong relationships internally with key department heads and works with managers on performance coaching, termination/exit discussions, employee engagement and all other employee sensitive relationships
- Constructively handles employee relations activities and issues
- Assists in the development of new policies insuring that they are appropriate for the Paley organization
- Monitors employee performance process against all metrics and measures
- Collaborates with and supports Finance in expense tracking, budgeting and forecasting, and other HR-related analyses
- Maintains all employee data to ensure efficient HR processes and to analyze HR information for intelligent trend data
- Participates in other projects as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in increasingly responsible HR roles
- Has coordinated benefits open enrollment, internship programs, and other HR programs independently
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations in the US
- Effective with data-driven analysis and reporting
- Experience with HRIS and ATS systems with knowledge of ADP Workforce Now or like system
- Excellent technical skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skill while maintaining strict confidentiality and handling sensitive information maturely
- BA in Human Resources or allied field required. MBA or SPHR a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.