About The Paley Center for Media
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of media for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive – including special African-American, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, Women’s and Music collections – and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, the innovations, the personalities, and the leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
Reporting to the SVP Marketing & Communications, the Director Digital Growth & Marketing Analytics is a high-energy, entrepreneurial, results-driven, highly organized individual who is nimble and thrives in a fast-paced environment. They closely monitor the impact of Paley initiatives and recommend adjustments based on key analytic trends and marketing results.
The Director is highly capable of driving business growth in this digital age demonstrating deep understanding of data analytics to develop, implement, track and trend impactful integrated digital marketing campaigns and promotional initiatives across all consumer touchpoints. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of scaling audience and viewership within entertainment, media or agency environments with a data-informed approach and conversion rate optimization. They are able to recognize and take action on multi-faceted trends in viewer traffic to capitalize on organic reach.
This individual is responsible for the planning and execution of strategic, multi-channel marketing, promotional and sales campaigns that will continue to build awareness and optimize the Paley brand and mission and digital market value, increase viewership of all digital content, increase ticket sales and memberships and drive traffic to paid and public events in New York and Los Angeles.
They will have relationships, experiences and be responsible for securing annual bartered media deals across digital, TV, print, outdoor, radio, audio and other platforms. They will collaborate with internal partners in the programming, development and sponsorship departments to package and leverage these assets.
Results will be measured by digital viewership, social media subscriber growth, ticket sales for live events, memberships and visitor traffic. They will also work with external marketing and content partners and talent on cross-promotions to amplify efforts.
• Define, plan and implement strategic, multi-channel and insight-driven digital marketing, promotional and acquisition campaigns to grow the scale of the audience and brand market value for Paley to build awareness, drive digital viewership, membership, ticket sales revenue and attendance at Paley’s public and industry programs and events
• Collaborate cross-functionally to enable and advance our targeting and retargeting capabilities and deliver a more enhanced database of members, prospects and general audience using advanced data analytics and CRM to bridge the relationship between Marketing, Sales and Development.
• Partner with the SVP Marketing and Communications to secure bartered marketing and promotional partnerships with key consumer and industry media outlets (TV, radio, digital, print, outdoor, etc.), cultural institutions, tourist, travel and hospitality organizations, schools and other relevant organizations
• Execute all bartered marketing and promotional partnerships effectively to raise mass awareness of upcoming programs and events
• Manage pro bono agencies to leverage data analytics and develop comprehensive marketing campaigns, content and influencer strategies, and other growth initiatives across digital, TV, radio, print and outdoor
• Collaborate with content partners (i.e., streaming/digital, broadcast, cable) and talent on cross-promotions. Maintain responsibility for Paley’s digital growth agenda in building awareness of Paley through relationships with relevant influencers on all platforms
• Create marketing and communications plans that drive membership at all levels which includes our corporate donors, international and media council members and the President’s Circle and Patron Circle donors
• Work with and manage agencies to develop a comprehensive advertising campaign and content strategy across bartered digital, TV, radio, print, outdoor, and partner with Communications to help secure PSAs across all platforms
• Partner with Creative Services to direct creative content on all printed and digital communication materials and to create relevant, contemporary brand experiences to attract and retain donors, corporate partners, major gifts, media partners and viewership to ensure continued growth
• Partner with the creation of content and brand style core message development, website, electronic communications, fundraising collateral, sizzle reels, and decks
• Develop and prepare key messaging and presentation materials for senior management. Assist in building consensus, secure proper approvals and communicate strategic marketing initiatives with department heads
• Create and execute marketing strategy campaigns and create growth goals for audience viewership and attendance, social engagement and followers/subscribers and track, measure and report on performance towards the goals on a regular basis.
• Ensure compliance and consistency of brand and creative services in all activities
• Work with sales & sponsorship and development to create decks and materials with data for recap reports. Analyze marketing data to monitor other venue attractions and our guests’ experience, proposing changes as needed
• Participate in other projects as assigned by Paley executive team.
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
• Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
• Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional teams.
• Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
• Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
• Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative and managerial skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
• Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
• 8+ years of marketing and digital experience within the media and entertainment industries with a proven track record of success maximizing revenue goals and driving viewership through innovative sales and marketing concepts
• Deep understanding and experience with digital marketing analytical tools, automation platforms and technology systems like Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce.com or like CRM systems.
• Highly collaborative, consensus builder who has the ability to be an influencer that drives the business forward and builds trust by valuing others
• Outstanding interpersonal skills to represent Paley with excellence in the C-suite of corporate partners, a prominent outside Board, and with our executives
• Excellent project management skills and client-centered orientation
• Impeccable written and verbal communications skills
• Highly organized with very strong project management skills
• Must have a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university
• Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
Your application was submitted successfully.