ABOUT THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of media for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive – including special African-American, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, Women’s and Music collections – and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, the innovations, the personalities, and the leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
The Senior Talent Booker is responsible for identifying, inviting, and securing talent for all Paley Programming, which includes A-list premieres and star-studded events, panel discussions, business summits, exclusive screenings, unique exhibitions and experiences. The Senior Talent Booker will have a proven track record of securing talent and producing significant and note-worthy programming within entertainment, industry, sports, gaming and interactive entertainment, music, advertising, news and digital media to reflect a relevant annual programming calendar. They will also closely follow pop culture trends and news, have a strong network of contacts including actors, celebrities, musicians, athletes, political pundits, journalists, talent management and creative visionaries. The Senior Talent Booker will utilize key relationships with television networks, studios and digital media companies to book talent and events for PaleyFest NY, PaleyFrontRow, PaleyLive Series, Paley Impact, the annual Paley Honors (dinner and luncheon), experiences, PaleyGX, and Paleyland – among others), Festivals (PaleyFest LA and NY, PaleyFest Fall TV Previews) TV specials, Corporate events, Family programs, Patron Circle and President Circle events, and partner related programming. The Senior Talent Booker will also has the industry knowledge to present relevant and thought-provoking programming that attracts and secures relevant speakers for Industry Programs such as Paley Dialogues, Next Big Thing Series, The Paley International Council Summit and various independent programs.
The Senior Talent Booker will work on any other events and participate in other projects as assigned.
• Procure talent – research, invite and secure the highest-level speakers/panelists and moderators who will draw press coverage, increase online views and engagement as well as ticket sales for events.
• Book and produce unique and influential programs that celebrate the biggest, best and most critically acclaimed shows on television, as well as athletes, musicians, politicians, thought leaders, journalists, gamers, influencers and other notable media and cultural figures.
• Book and produce programming that reveals the creative process of beloved TV and streaming programs, milestones in history and culture and the personalities that drive the media world.
• Book talent to participate in all Paley programs including Paley Honors, experiences, events, screenings, game drops, watch parties and other events across entertainment, music, sports, gaming and interactive entertainment and other verticals.
• Ensure the relevance and prestige of Paley events by remaining informed of media and entertainment news, premieres, releases, awards shows / nominations, journalism, politics, tech and other milestones that drive audience interest
• Develop strategy with the SVP of Programming and maintain a rigorous timeline of upcoming and future event dates and deadlines to ensure that invitations are approved by the Chief Programming Officer, and sent at least 9 months in advance in order to secure bookings six months in advance and establish a bi-annual calendar of events.
• Maintain a database of publicists, managers, agents and other representatives across all categories of media and regularly communicate with them to discover their goals and future plans so that our programming is aligned accordingly.
• Maintain a booking tracker that documents all invitations, follow ups, deadlines and contacts to ensure a well-organized and professional booking process.
• Clearly and professionally establish invitation timelines with publicists, managers, network and studio representatives etc. to ensure that Paley Center invitations are responded to quickly, and confirmations or declines are known in a timely fashion allowing for alternative booking strategies to be implemented.
• Draft and proof correspondence, pitch letters, invitations, proposals, thank you letters, etc.
• Research background information utilizing various sources, to collect all elements required for developing programs.
• Handle other projects as assigned.
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
• Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
• Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional teams.
• Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
• Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
• Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative and managerial skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
• Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
• We seek an entrepreneurial individual with a network of contacts within media and entertainment, who is deadline-oriented, results-driven and highly organized with excellent writing and communications.
• 10+ years of programming experience securing high profile talent for industry, entertainment, sports and media programs and other special events on time and within budget
• In depth knowledge and appreciation of television, pop culture, sports and the media industry
• Must have a current network of relevant, top talent which include C-suite executives, actors, celebrities, political figures, showrunners, talent management, creative visionaries and executives within the media, entertainment, film, news, gaming and sports industries
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to break through gate-keepers and influence decision makers, including executives and talent, publicists and talent agents
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
• A strong professional drive, sales/marketing mindset, and entrepreneurial spirit
• Bachelor’s degree
• Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
Your application was submitted successfully.