ABOUT THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of media for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive – including special African-American, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, Women’s and Music collections – and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, the innovations, the personalities, and the leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
The TEMP – Membership Associate will recruit and sell new Media Council & International Council memberships and renew and maintain relationships with existing members. This includes ongoing prospecting for qualified new members in order to meet the membership budget. The Paley Media Council and International Council are exclusive, invitation-only membership communities for industry executives (entertainment, media, and technology, etc.) and provides an independent forum for top industry leaders to explore the evolving way in which we create, consume, and connect through media and technology. Featuring candid conversations with the best minds in the industry, the Paley Media Center offers events covering the full spectrum of media businesses for an exclusive membership audience.
The ideal candidate is a high-energy, entrepreneurial, results-driven, well-written, extremely organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced sales environment.
• Recruit new Media Council and International Council members and renew current
• Execute monthly recruitment, sales and renewal strategy to support annual Media Council & International Council membership goals in New York, Los Angeles and globally
• Create targeted executive and company prospect lists for outreach via phone and email
• Track, monitor, and exceed monthly and annual budget specifications for memberships
• Audience development for Industry Programming
• Create invitation letters, evites, newsletters, thank you notes, tax acknowledgements and other similar communications for prospects and membership community
• Develop and manage relationships with prospects and existing members
• Attend networking and industry events to increase awareness of The Paley Center for Media, Media Council and International Council, as appropriate
• Support Industry team with execution of Industry programs
• Participates in other projects as assigned
• Minimum 5 years of experience membership sales with a network of contacts in the media industry (broadcast, cable, music, digital, tech, gaming, media agencies, brands, investors).
• Proven track record to increase memberships and meet goals of $250K+
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and immediately respond to internal and external key stakeholders in a professional manner that maintains and develops relationships
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Highly organized, resourceful, creative, and attentive to detail
• Strong leadership, presence, positive demeanor, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong work ethic and self-starter
• Extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
Your application was submitted successfully.