ABOUT THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of media for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive – including special African-American, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, Women’s and Music collections – and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, the innovations, the personalities, and the leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
Reporting to the Vice President, Membership & Annual Giving, the Manager, Membership & Development Operations is a results-driven, highly organized professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is an integral member of the Development team.
The Manager, Membership & Development Operations is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining operational procedures for all fundraising activities within the Paley Center’s databases in concert with the Finance department and other departments as necessary. The individual in this role will be adept at CRM principles and best practices and will be responsible for reporting and tracking donations, generating lists and reporting on progress against goals. This role will require a high level of accuracy, confidentiality, and integrity, as well as a strong base of knowledge in the areas of database functionality, data hygiene and analysis, fundraising protocols, and non-profit best practices.
The Paley Center is currently using Raisers Edge and Constant Contact and transitioning to a Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Development and Membership CRM Implementation
- Serve as the departmental expert in Microsoft Dynamics 365, Raisers Edge, Universe, Constant Contact functionality, stay up to date on new developments and skillfully share knowledge and train other users.
- Advocate for Development & Membership business needs during CRM implementation including initial data migration and ongoing platform configuration. Make recommendations for process improvements and analytics insight opportunities.
- Ensure Paley CRM ecosystem is used to full potential and maintain and update configuration for the most user-friendly functionality and output.
Operations & Gift Administration
- Maintain or update existing procedures for the Development department, including but not limited to financial reconciliation, data configuration, documentation of standard operating procedures, training and onboarding.
- Provide training and support to all Development team members to maximize use of databases.
- Oversee and/or conduct all data entry with accuracy including creating new customer, membership, and gift records, updating contact information, research, relationships, etc.
- Process donor and membership payments and execute gift acknowledgment process to ensure that all donations are acknowledged in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide annual donor reports.
- Support onsite event execution of membership-driven events.
Data Management, Data Integrity, and Hygiene
- Adhere to industry best practices and organizational procedures regarding the entry, maintenance, and storage of data.
- Ensure that database is well maintained, comprehensive, up to date, ensuring database integrity
- Liaise with IT, Operations, Marketing & Communications to support integrations with other software platforms.
- Reconcile with Finance Department on a monthly basis and as needed.
Data Output & Analytics
- Collaborate with development staff and other departments to create standard and custom lists, extractions, and reports
- Regularly generate departmental status report to measure progress against fundraising goals
- Work with development team to generate mailing lists and merge lists for direct mail and email appeals, as well as event invitation lists, invoices, and pledge reminders
- Develop dashboards to provide quick, accurate, up to date information for team members as well as executive and volunteer leadership
- Participate in other projects as assigned by manager.
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
- Extremely organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Exceptional business writing skills and outstanding verbal communication
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
- Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative and managerial skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in Development and Membership operations or analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics 365, Raisers Edge, or similar CRM database required and with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, is required.
- Must be highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- A proactive and entrepreneurial approach to work; self-starter and fast learner; with the ability to work cross-departmental and cross-functional.
- Excellent ability to set priorities and manage against timelines, including with multiple concurrent deliverables.
- Ability to attend and participate in Paley programs as needed, which includes occasional evenings and weekends.
- Complete COVID vaccination and booster.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.